Rasberries for days............


 How could I even think about sleep this evening when I just completed picking yet another gallon sized bag of rasberries? I petitioned the kids (my own and the neighbors) for assistance this evening as I have spent the last week picking bag fulls every couple of days. I tried to get the hub to assist but he was essentially a no show. He only sat across from the berries and asked "How long will you be out here?" and after a few minutes disappeared back into the comfort of a 74 degree home. In his defense he always helps me with my ventures, and it has been really hot...., and I was out in the garden at the crack of dawn 6:45 or so. But still, two sets of hands make quick work and I was feeling the heat and humidity too even at that hour. Never the less tonight we managed to fill a large cup for the neighbor kids to nosh, and a bag for me to freeze for my mom later this year. Just think last week I finished the last of the strawberries (I think... ), and now it's the rasberries turn to show off in the garden. Next week we expect the gooseberries to be harvest-able. We've been sampling here and there and they aren't quite sweet enough for my liking and I just haven't had the time to make gooseberry jam. As long as I have movement in my muscles and can utter a word of solicitation at these abundant bushes for the next week or two I can be found in the middle of my yard bag in hand.

*sigh*
I love my garden! I love my garden! I love my garden!
Ok, now I'm refocused and ready to pick more tomorrow I welcome the help when I can get it and I will share my air and even a cup of coffee, tea, or what ever the kids will have in they'd be so inclined....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Community Garden Day with Fresh Food on 4th

Eat your backyard

Mini Green House (1)